A key contributor of slow or malfunctioning computers is the failure to update software. Software updates are pushed out by programmers for a reason, such as a vulnerability in the old version. It is important to keep your software up to date to avoid being targeted with malicious content. If your system is out of date, you may want to consider a software upgrade to a more recent operating system to get caught up on the new features and faster speeds. Nerds on Call can assist you with any software update or upgrade question you have, and recommend the right software for you.
You might need a nerd if…
- Your programs are running more slowly than you remember
- Programs on your computer randomly crash or stop working
- You are regularly interrupted by notifications asking if you want to update your software
- You’re unsure how to update your programs
- You need recommendations on what kind of software to use
Questions nerds often hear about Software Upgrades Eugene
Is Software Upgrades Eugene expensive?
Every software problem is different. Contact us today for an estimate so you can get a good idea of exactly what you need.
The version number is assigned every time a change is made to the software. This helps the computer keep track of how the software works and what kind of instructions it can send.
A software update is a minor release intended to fix problems with the original software
A software upgrade is a major release, intended on adding new features, as well as fixing holes.