5 Tech Tips To Get Organized
While most of us jot down our New Year’s resolutions in low tech notebooks and organizers there are billions of helpful websites and handy tech tips that can help us reach our goals.
If you spend your whole day in front of a computer or carry a PDA in your pocket or purse (meaning you have constant web and calendar access) you really don’t have an excuse to be disorganized.
* Put everything in its place! – This one is a no brainer, but you’ll be destined for organization if you create a proper home for your PDAs, iPods, cell phone and chargers. If you don’t want to spend any money you can turn a pretty bowl or basket into a simple gadget haven, or if you want to get a little fancier, check out the Smart Tech furniture and charging stations from Pottery Barn. You’ll never run around the house looking for your charger again. Okay, maybe you will, but you’ll have a better idea of where it might be.
* Use your camera phone – I love using my camera phone to make lists, take pictures of items when I am shopping and even to help me remember where I parked in a lot. Think of your picture phone as a notepad without having to carry a notepad. Most modern phones have notes sections, or even text message functions where you can write yourself a quick note and save the message for later reference.
* Manage your finances online – We all know we can pay bills online, but did you know you can automatically track and organize your online and offline purchases?
* Make the best of your digital pictures! – One of the best things about creating a blog or joining a photo sharing service or other online archive is the fact that it allows you easy access to your photos and memories without taking up all your computer memory. Plus, you can share your experiences with friends and family, or keep items private. Check out my guide to making the most of your photography.
* Use your online calendar and PDA – Spend some time selecting an online calendar that can easily sync with your gadgetry and life. Online calendaring makes your schedule easily accessible and will help you keep track of birthdays, special dates and appointments.