It can be a real pain to lose a hard drive and everything that you had worked so hard to accumulate. The information within is often irreplaceable, and having to start all over on any of your projects or activities is usually not fun. The Nerds on Call can repair your hard drive to salvage any of your data. We can also recommend what hard drive you should get next to replace your broken one. The Nerds know the value of information, and will do everything in their power to make sure you do not lose any of yours.
You might need a nerd if…
- Your computer is running slowly and stalls when you try to open files
- You’ve opened files only to find them full of garbage text. This is corrupted data
- Your hard drive is making sounds – beeping, clicking, or grinding
- Your computers boots up slowly and you want to upgrade to a faster Solid State Drive
- Your computer runs the checkdisk program when starting up sometimes
Hard Drive Head
The head is a tiny magnet on the end of a mechanical arm. The hard drive uses the head to read and write bits of data stored magnetically on the disk’s surface.
A head crash is when the hard drive’s head literally crashes into the disk’s surface. This physically destroys the data and leaves it unretrievable
Hard Drive Platter
There are actually multiple disks inside a hard drive disk. A platter is a single magnetic disk that can be stacked with others to form a hard drive