Desktop Hardware Repair Eugene
You might need a nerd if…
- Your computer randomly crashes and you cannot duplicate the error
- A feature of your computer has stopped working, especially one that uses a particular piece of hardware
- You sometimes see the blue screen of death
- The screen is black or doens't turn on
- You hear strange sounds coming from the computer
- The computer doesn't boot up all the way
- You cannot connect to the internet
Hard Disk Drive
The hard drive stores all of your data. It is a box that contains multiple spinning platters. These platters contain data stored magnetically by the hard drive head
RAM means Random Access Memory, and is what your computer uses to store things that it is thinking about while it is on. When your computer turns off, everything in RAM goes away.
The graphics card is a specialized computer that runs inside your computer and processes all the things on the screen. The more detailed the screen activity, the harder the graphics card has to work
The network card handles your computer's connection to the internet. It translates the instructions sent by your computer into packets, that can be sent to another computer online.
Nerds Price List
Now you too can get the answer to our most frequently asked question, “How much do you charge?” Just enter your email address and we’ll send you our Nerds on Call Price Chart.
Questions nerds often hear about Desktop Hardware Repair Eugene
What parts of my desktop could be going wrong?
If you are interested in finding out the different parts of your desktop, read our article explaining basic computer parts here