Much like your car, every so often your computer needs a tuneup. With automatic downloads, or rejected updates, computers can be slowed down by bulky additional programs, or even a hidden virus that came along without ever being detected. Nerds on Call can complete a computer tuneup remotely, meaning that they can access your computer without having to you, or pick up your device. After a computer tuneup, your computer will likely run faster and smoother than before. Let the Nerds help clean up your system to optimize performance.
You might need a nerd if…
- Your computer is going slower and slower with time. Every time you do something new, it takes longer
- Your computer is giving you low disk space errors or other cryptic messages
- If your printer won’t connect to your new computer
- If your computer is freezing or you can’t find missing data
- The internet connection is slow or keeps dropping
- There are strange voices coming from the computer
- You just need a computer that WORKS
Questions nerds often hear about Computer Tuneup Eugene
Is Computer Tuneup Eugene expensive?
Every computer problem is different. Contact us for an estimate.
Every time your computer starts, the biggest piece of software it turns on is the operating system. However, the operating system loads a lot of other programs that it thinks you will use. These are called startup items and run every time you turn your computer on
Files are stored on your disk in sections. Your hard drive does this to save space and speed, but over time gaps can appear and your hard drive takes longer to find the data on it. Disk fragmentation is an issue on older systems, but new computers automatically defragment themselves
The system registry is where Windows stores all of the computer’s settings. Not just the settings you choose, but other things like the color of window shadows and the location of certain files.