Laptop too slow? Think about getting a laptop RAM upgrade
Sometimes it’s good to slow down. Who glanced at their watch while looking at a beautiful sunset and muttered, “hurry up already!” Computers, however, are not sunsets. The faster a computer can crunch numbers, the better. And here’s an equal and opposite truth: A ridiculously slow computer is one of life’s great unnecessary frustrations.
Guess what? Fresno Nerds On Call possesses the lightning in a bottle nerd-smarts you need to banish laptop slowness from your life. We’re talking about our quality laptop RAM upgrade and laptop RAM repair services.
If you’re based in Fresno and feel a need to level up your laptop’s RAM, give us a call at 1-800-919-6373. With snake-like swiftitude (totally made up word), one of our nerds will set you up with a quick, professional laptop RAM upgrade right at your home or place of business.
But before you pick up your phone, let’s ask and answer the hard-hitting questions.
Why is a laptop RAM upgrade such a great computing investment?
Why is RAM so flinging flanging important anyway? I mean a computer has hard drive memory, virtual memory, and a handful of other memories too niche, nerdy and nondescript to list off here. So why does laptop RAM upgrade and laptop RAM repair stand head and shoulders above other fixes as one of the best ways to boost your computer’s lackluster performance?
The easiest way to answer that is to think about your own brain and the different kinds of memories you have.
- What was your favorite cartoon when you were a kid? To answer this question (ours is the objectively best cartoon of all time) you used long-term memory. This is like your computer’s hard drive.
- Now, what’s six multiplied by seven? To obtain the answer to the ultimate question you used short-term memory. You can equate this to your computer’s RAM.
Your laptop’s RAM lies at the heart of the millions upon millions of calculations it retains and reports on every second. The more quick stuff you have going on in parallel, the more RAM you need to do it efficiently.
And of course, as new laptop models are made and released into the market, the amount of RAM that comes standard with these machines steadily increases. New software is designed to cater to these more impressive specifications. Your old laptop, meanwhile, is falling steadily further behind. A laptop RAM upgrade gives your laptop the speed it needs to keep up with more recent software. A laptop RAM repair removes failing RAM from your system and replaced it with faster, more efficient memory.
So you’re saying I should just get six million RAMS and never worry about my computer’s performance again?
Well, not quite. The ideal amount of RAM for your laptop really depends on what you do on your computer, as well as the other hardware your laptop is packing. If you got a laptop RAM upgrade that vastly outstripped your laptop’s CPU, for instance, you wouldn’t really get a good return on your investment. Likewise, if you only use your computer for a bit of word processing, the highest possible laptop RAM upgrade wouldn’t make much sense.
This is the beauty of working with a company like Fresno Nerds On Call.
We won’t try to upsell you on a laptop RAM upgrade you don’t need. We can help you identify the perfect amount of RAM to get a big performance boost without spending more than you need to.
Also, because we offer a free diagnostic service, we can help you make sure you only pay for a laptop RAM repair if you actually need one. If your computer’s problem can be fixed with a minor operating system tweak or by just reinstalling a piece of software, we’ll perform the simpler, less expensive repair saving you some money in the process.
Not sure what laptop RAM repair or laptop RAM upgrade works for you?
We get it! Sometimes, the complexity of figuring out how to best repair your computer can be almost as frustrating as the problem itself.
We’re here to simplify all of that for you! Here’s how we can make your laptop RAM repair or laptop RAM upgrade as simple as nerdily possible:
- We come to you: We’re based right here in Fresno, and we’re one of the few remaining computer repair companies that happily perform onsite repairs.
- We keep you in the loop: Before we do anything to your computer, we’ll run a full diagnostic for you. You’ll get a free quote for the repair in advance.
- We’ll save you money: We won’t try to convince you to get the most expensive possible laptop RAM upgrade if less RAM will give you the same result. If laptop RAM repair isn’t your laptop’s problem, we’ll tell you and fix the real problem!
- We’re fast and efficient: Our Fresno team of nerds has been doing this for years. We can complete your laptop RAM upgrade without delay, and you won’t even need to bring your laptop in to us because we’ll come to you.
Just give us a call at 1-800-919-6373 or fill out our contact form, and we’ll be there in a flash.